Views: 366 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2021-11-08 Origin: Site
Welcome back to WONDERFUL. In our last article, we talked about how to clean and store the inflatable boat, in this article, we will introduce other inflatable boat maintenance guide.
The process of checking the floating inflatable boat to find the leak is as follows:
1) To find the leak, you must inflate the boat’s collar or tube to its maximum so that it sounds like a drum when tapped on with the flat of your hand.
2) Check all areas of the inflatable collar or tube for signs of wear.
3) Mix an equal amount of mild Ph detergent and warm water in a spray bottle.
4) Spray the solution to the side of the test tube and look for bubbles forming.
5) Use a marker to mark all areas where bubbles are visible.
6) Once the entire area of the plastic inflatable boat is covered, rinse the surface thoroughly with water and let it dry completely.
As mentioned above, further repairs can be made to each part where a leak is found.
According to the maintenance requirements of modern inflatable boats, the environment for replacing the valve must be stress-free, with a relative humidity of less than 60%, and a temperature between 18°C and 25°C. The area should also be ventilated. Then, the process is as follows:
1) Deflate the air pipe and remove the existing valve.
2) Cut the surrounding fabric, and then remove the entire valve assembly.
3) Use the multiplier valve to install the new valve to the assembly.
4) Place the assembled valve on the pipe and mark the area.
5) Cover the area with removable masking tape to avoid over-application of glue.
6) Grind the back of the double-sided tape and obtain a bond for bonding (only for Hypalon). Excessive wear must be avoided because it will damage the fabric. PVC inflatable boats do not need to be rubbed.
7) Clean the back of the patch with solvent and wait for it to evaporate.
8) Use a brush to apply glue to the thin coat and let it dry for 20 minutes. 9) Apply the patch and multiplier to the incision. Smooth the fabric area to ensure that there are no air bubbles.
10) Remove excess solvent and adhesive tape. Put heavy objects on it for 24 hours.
Many commercial inflatable boats are equipped with screw-in valves. In order to fix them, it is necessary to understand the anatomy of the valve. The next process is:
1) Once the male and female parts are determined, lay the tube flat.
2) Before unscrewing the male part of the valve, make sure it is convenient for a novice.
3) Lay the pipe flat and apply downward pressure to the valve.
4) Hold the internally threaded valve through the pipe to prevent it from moving inside the pipe when the externally threaded part is unscrewed.
5) Unscrew the convex part and replace it with a new convex part.
6) Make sure it is in the closed position, then refill the test tube to check for leaks and repairs.
What are your thoughts on repairing and maintaining high-quality inflatable boats? Do you have anything to ask? Leave a comment to let us know.
We are a manufacturer specializing in inflatable equipment. In addition to inflatable boats, we can also provide you with other inflatable equipment, such as backyard inflatable toys, inflatable pool floats, inflatable sprinklers, etc.